JOB TRACKING IS ESSENTIAL FOR CONTROLLING YOUR PROJECTS
“If you cannot measure it, you cannot control it” (Lord Kelvin, English physicist)
Tracking the time spent by employees on a job is essential for a company. This is the best way to objectively measure the profitability of your operations.
eTemptation’s project time tracking module makes it easy to record the time spent by your team members on projects, jobs, customer orders, etc.
It provides managers with a complete report of their teams’ activities.
To measure project profitability, you need to be able to track the time spent, job progress and remaining tasks.
The operational benefits
on the time spent broken down by activity in order to obtain real cost prices and measure the profitability of your resources.
to identify variances and take corrective action.
involved in collecting, correcting and approving data by optimising these processes.
automatically transferring time spent to the ERP or project management system.
based on objective activity data.
to take action in the event of variances in terms of execution or invoicing.
From data entry to ERP integration, eTemptation streamlines the time entry and approval process.
THE KEY POINTS OF YOUR ACTIVITY TRACKING PROJECT
- Ensure that the data input process and timesheets are tailored to your business to guarantee that employees embrace the system.
- Ensure that the data can be entered on a PC, tablet and smartphone for field staff.
- To ensure synchronisation with your management software, it is important to clearly define what information is to be transmitted and how frequently, accounting closing dates and the updating process in case of corrections.
- Ensure that the solution is available as a cloud-based system so you can focus on the features rather than on IT-related issues.
Activity tracking with eTemptation benefits from the advantages of a powerful integrated software suite:
- Project time tracking is coupled with time and attendance management to guarantee accurate activity tracking. Compare your employees’ attendance (or paid hours) with the allotted hours to identify unassigned or unexplained hours.
- The activities assigned in the eTemptation scheduling module can be automatically exported to the activity tracking system, saving time by eliminating the need to re-input the data.
- Collaborative tracking of the profitability of projects, jobs, activities and services.
- Better visibility of the different tasks, variances and adjustments required.
- Better project risk management.
- Robust integration with the ERP or project management software for accurate analysis of time spent.
- Better agility by identifying unforeseen events, delays and variances in real time.
- Complete traceability of all the information needed for activity tracking and project management.
- Less time spent collecting and verifying their team’s activity data.
- Collaborative team management throughout the project lifecycle.
- Intuitive, user-friendly time and activity input on electronic timesheets.
- The ability to access reports and individual or project dashboards.
- The guarantee that their performance will be assessed based on accurate data.